Job Responsibilities: Actuarial Analyst – Junior Level (Remote)
Salary: 52000 per YEAR
Location: Remote US
Purpose of Job
Let’s do something that matters.
At USAA we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nation’s military but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. We’re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact on our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty integrity loyalty and service. They’re what guides everything we do – from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are seeking a dedicated Actuarial Analyst for our Auto Pricing team to coordinate prepare and perform actuarial analyses required to develop new products project future results reprice existing products and/or determine financial strength. Under direct supervision, this analyst performs routine work assignments and problem resolution to support other team members.
This position will be based remotely in the continental U.S. with occasional business travel. There will be 2 positions available.
What you’ll do:
- Acquire and apply foundational knowledge of the business its products and processes.
- Utilize actuarial modeling software for pricing valuation and/or risk management.
- Enter data and tables run models and generate reports.
- May make adjustments and improvements to models when appropriate.
- Maintains proper price level price structure data availability and other requirements to achieve profitability and competitive goals.
- Identifies critical experience areas to monitor and suggest timely remedies to correct or prevent unfavorable trends.
- Identifies sources of gain and loss by product and assumption.
- Tests pricing assumptions and the appropriate premiums interests margins reserves and cash values for new products.
- Seeks guidance from team members to resolve issues and to identify appropriate issues for escalation.
What you have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree OR 4 additional years of Actuarial/business/analytical experience beyond the minimum required (6 years total) may be substituted instead of a Degree.
- Up to 2 years of Actuarial/business/analytical experience + 1 or more Casualty Actuarial Society exams completed
What sets you apart:
- US military experience through military service or a military spouse/domestic partner [optional]
- Familiarity with Excel
- Intermediate to advanced Python knowledge
- Familiarity with other programming languages or modeling software packages (SQL R SAS etc.)
- Demonstrated experience aggregating and analyzing data to solve problems
- Ability to effectively communicate insights and solutions to broad audiences including actuarial and non-actuarial stakeholders
- Personal lines pricing experience
- Familiarity and experience with industry pricing software such as Earnix
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.