Job Responsibilities : SUPERVISORY SECURITY GUARD
Office Address : Dugway, Utah, United States
Educational requirements : No Education Requirements
- Develop staff assignments to ensure that the Security Guard force is meeting established priorities and security assignments.
- Review incident reports to ensure written reports of findings concerning incidents are accurate to provide to local liaison police force offices.
- Monitor personnel access into restricted areas using both manual and electronic methods to ensure Security Guard force personnel are following operational guidance.
- Serve as an armed security guard that performs various aspects of guard work as necessary to support Security Guard force.
- Manage administrative matters related to the Security Guard Force, such as performance management, attendance and work assignments.
Conditions of Employment
- This position requires the incumbent to input their time into the Automated Time and Attendance Production System (ATAAPS).
- This position may require a one-year probationary period. As well as 1-year supervisory probationary period.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position requires the incumbent to meet and maintain the Individual Reliability Program standards.
- Within one year of appointment the incumbent must meet and maintain the Chemical Personnel Reliability Program standards outlined as outlined in AR 50-6 as determined appropriate by the installation commander or his designated representative(s).
- This position requires the completion of a pre-employment Physical Examination and an annual examination thereafter to ensure the continued, required level of physical health and ability or fitness to perform the duties of the position.
- This position requires Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) certification. This position also requires Security Guards to input their timecards into ATAAPS.
- This position requires the incumbent to successfully pass the Physical Agility Test (PAT) and sign a statement acknowledging have been so advised.
- This position requires shift work or changes in work shift may be necessary. Hours of work encompass fluctuating tours of duty to include evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- This position requires the incumbent to be proficient in the use of assigned firearms/weapons, pass an initial qualification and qualify semi-annually thereafter in the use of assigned firearms/weapons.
- The duties of this position require the incumbent to possess or obtain and maintain a valid state Driver’s License in one of the 50 U.S. states or possessions to operate vehicles.
- This position must wear prescribed uniform. This position also requires wearing protective/chemical mask and other protective clothing and equipment.
- This position requires being on call 24 hours/7days a week. This position also requires mandatory overtime. Additionally, this position requires work in all types of weather.
- This position requires special training at least 8-12 hours/month as required to provide immediate response to situations such as terrorist threat, special threat situations to surety sites and other locations on post as directed.
- This position has a Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of 5% of the time.
- This position has a Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of 5% of the time.
- This position requires the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Secret security clearance or access for the duration of employment. A background investigation and credit check are required.
- This position requires drug-testing per the Army Drug Free Workplace Program. This position is subject to pre-employment screening and testing thereafter, to include reasonable suspicion and testing due to an on-duty accident.
- This position is subject to the provisions of the Domestic Violence Offender Gun Ban commonly referred to as the Lautenberg Amendment.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is .
Specialized Experience for the GS-8: To be found qualified, your resume must reflect one year of specialized experience: 1.) Leading personnel in performing security functions such as, access control operations, safeguarding personnel, information, critical assets, and regulating pedestrian and vehicular traffic to ensure operations are completed correctly; 2.) Providing guidance in areas of guard force training, based upon personnel performance and observation; AND 3.) Assisting with personnel management operations, such as monitoring staff performance, reviewing available staffing level on daily shifts and proposing work assignments.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-07).
Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described above. If your resume includes a photograph/inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility/qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position. For additional information on what to include in your resume, click . You will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application will be used to determine eligibility and qualifications for this position. If determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
If you would like to apply for this position, please upload your resume to the following link:
Dugway Proving Ground is seeking applicants for a Supervisory Security Guard for Security Guard Branch in the Operations Division on Dugway Proving Ground, UT. Dugway Proving Ground is approximately 50 minutes from Tooele, Utah, and 90-minute drive from Salt Lake City, Utah. Dugway offers affordable on post housing as well as subsidized commuter van transport. Contact the Relocation Program Manager at 435-831-2260. For more information about Dugway’s beautiful terrain and community go to our website at https://www.atec.army.mil/dpg/.
The U.S. Army Test and Evaluation Command has various incentives that may be available for highly qualified candidates. These include Recruitment Incentives, Relocation Incentives, Student Loan Repayment, and Credit for Leave Accrual. Incentives may be authorized IAW agency policy.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances will be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations. For more information on PCS, click . When you perform a Civilian PCS with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit for more information
WHAT IS ATEC?
ATEC is the Army’s independent test and evaluation organization. We are a team of Civilian and Military personnel working together to provide America’s Military with the best equipment to win and return home safely. At ATEC, we have a saying: If a Soldier rides, wears, shoots, or deploys it, we test it. ATEC is at the forefront of testing and evaluating technologies of the future from autonomous aerial/ground vehicles to hypersonic weapons. Each day, top scientists and engineers test and evaluate cutting-edge equipment. Our workforce is highly technical and skilled, comprised of more than 8,500 military, civilian, and contract personnel. Engineers, scientists, technicians, researchers, and evaluators work with innovative, advanced technologies in 24 testing and research locations across the U.S. States and around the world. If you are a civilian who wants their work to make a difference, we look forward to hearing from you. For more information on ATEC, salary, benefits, etc., see: .
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone-no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED. You will be evaluated based on your level of competency in the following areas:
- This announcement uses the Domestic DIB & MRTFB in DoD direct hire authority to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to certain positions in the competitive service.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 19 – physical security & law enforcement position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. .
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
Your complete application includes your resume and other documents which prove your qualifications and eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: .
2. Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, optional
- This position requires a job-related license or certification. You MUST submit a copy of your license or certification with your application package or you will be rated ineligible. See:
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person’s personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Interested Applicants must submit resumes/application packages to:
To apply for this position, you must submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section above. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Alternate applications (e.g., facsimile applications) will not be accepted.
The complete application package must be submitted to the email address provided above by 11:59 PM (EST) on 01/19/2023 to receive consideration.
Army Applicant Help Desk
AD-APF-W30MAA DUGWAY PROVING GROUND
DO NOT MAIL
Dugway, UT 84022
Eligible applicants will be referred to the hiring manager. The selecting official may choose to conduct interviews.
Acknowledgement and Notice of Results letters will be sent by the hiring office.
The evaluation will be based on the information you provide. You should expect that we will verify performance, suitability, and security information and take that information into account in making employment offers.
The Federal hiring process is set up to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.