Job Responsibilities : SR. MANAGER PROJECT INSIGHTS, BUSINESS SUPPORT SERVICES (HYBRID)
Office Address : 2400 Yorkmont Road, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Educational requirements : Bachelor Degree
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
The Sr. Manager Project Insights, Business Support Services is focused on the multi-year implementation of SAP S/4 HANA ERP and the continued support of certain business processes as needed focused on the ERP functions related to certain master and financial data configurations, the error handling and correction processes related to the multiple ledgers, financial transactions, and financial close processes utilized within S/4 HANA. This position collaborates across various levels of the business model to understand current requirements and review, analyze, and evaluate current business processes and systems to provide consolidated input on behalf of the business to the integrated end-to-end solution focused on industry best practices and innovation. The Sr. Manager Project Insights, Business Support Services is responsible for the management of a team of business analysts/managers that are accountable for the analysis of business processes, gathering and documenting business requirements, providing specific guidelines to communicate and ensure compliance with new and simplified procedures, documenting requirements, and reviewing functional specifications, creating detailed testing documents, and conducting initial testing of the application.
Positions at this location may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Business Processes/Data Ownership
* Function as a liaison between technology (functional and technical) groups and various business operations including financial accounting, sales, operations, purchasing, inventory, and distribution that are impacted by multiple project initiatives, primarily financial in nature.
* Ensure that the Project Insights team is working with business team members and the user community to thoroughly assess and analyze business functions and processes to define and articulate the business requirements and needs.
* Partner with the new SOX Implementation Initiative Owners and ensure coordination in documentation and assessment efforts around the financial close processes and alert Owners to any SOX related conflicts that are identified.
* Begin to focus on SOX compliance and ensure that the S/4 Implementation Project is moving in the right direction to adhere to future standards. Focus on Segregation of Duties as part of the S/4 security implementation and ongoing compliance.
* Manage, create and/or review various project documents such as, business process flows, business process documents, specific guidance documents, financial attribute requests (COA, GL’s, etc), functional specifications, wireframes, test scenarios, detailed test scripts and training documentation.
* Ensure complete analysis and understanding of interdependencies, business risks and risk mitigators that could impact or be impacted by the delivery of proof of concepts related to new or changing applications.
* Oversee a group responsible for supporting the Business Users related to the financial close processes, transaction related error handling and correct processes, reviewing, and approving requests for new general ledger account values/attributes, OpenText, Master Data and S/4 business configurations, such as new plants and related business partners.
* Ensure all defined business rules/policies are documented and fully tested to be implemented as designed to ensure the functionality, accuracy, and quality of the product.
* Participate in cross track team meetings and discussions related to project requirements, design, configuration, master data, impacts/risks, change management, testing, training, and implementation.
* Identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations for change.
* Be able to reconcile and validate a significant amount of data utilizing the appropriate software.
* Support business users for current and future technologies as required based on the nature of the project.
* Utilize the understanding of both business processes and technology to work with Compass Technology teams to implement solutions to more complex business needs/problems.
* Ensure available technology is fully levered. Participate in redesigning business processes where applicable or leverage available or new technologies.
* Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience while building internal and external business relationships vital to the success of the project.
* Maintain organized documentation, produce high quality, meaningful, and precise presentations, as well as complex reports. Create and maintain various project tracking documents.
* Support system end users during testing, training, implementation, and post implementation.
* Participate in the analysis of the efficiency and effectiveness of current departmental processes and procedures and ultimately help to implement identified improvements.
* Hire, train, mentor and manage a highly skilled team of professional internal or externally contracted Business Analysts/Managers as needed.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, or related fields, Graduate degrees/certifications a plus – MBA/ CPA / MSOD/ PMP
* 10+ years of accounting/finance/reporting/ERP experience in a large organization. SAP and/or S/4 HANA experience a plus.
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments and Analysts in a tight deadline driven environment and the ability to adjust to changing priorities
* Ability to work independently and possess strong problem-solving skills
* Ability to work and model a high sense of ownership, collaboration, and execution excellence
* Detail oriented and highly organized with excellent analytical and communication skills
* Proven business analytical capabilities to solve complex business issues
* Advanced skills with Essbase, HFM, MicroStrategy, Tableau, Business Objects, SQL, or other reporting applications as well as a high level of proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Projects, Visio, and Access, with ability to manage large amounts of data and advanced financial models
* Ability to document, prepare, and deliver effective presentations to a wide-range audience
* Ability to influence internal and external key stakeholders while building consensus across multiple layers of the organization
* Ability to develop strong working relationships with peers and other departmental team members
Apply to Compass Group today!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.