Job Responsibilities : Shipping/Receiving Clerk
Office Address : Santa Fe Springs, California, United States
Educational requirements : High School
Shipping/Receiving Clerk–Full Time–Santa Fe Springs (CA),United States
At Sulzer, you are empowered to deliver superior results. As a pioneer in industry we have a proud heritage of innovation and continue to evolve for the future. Join our story and create your own impact by developing your expertise and building solutions that help make our lives safer, smarter and more sustainable.
Join ourServices_AMEteam withinServicesdivision inUnited StatesasShipping/Receiving Clerkto help us takeSulzerto the next level.
In this roleyou will be accountable for:
- Prepares shipments by assembling, counting, weighting, checking against shipping order and reporting discrepancies.
- Determines method of shipment when not specified by customer by examining items to be shipped, destination, route, rate, and time of shipment, and arranges for pick-up by transporter.
- Ships domestic and international items by verifying identifying information and quantity and conditions of items, loading and protecting items.
- Documents domestic and international items shipped by recording identifying information of items and transport information.
- Occasionally receives items by unloading vehicles, accepting deliveries, and forwarding documents to receiving.
- Maintains shipping materials by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed materials, placing and expediting orders for materials, verifying receipt of materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experienced and certified forklift truck operator with 3 or more years prior shipping experience.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office, UPS & Fed-Ex applications).
- Good verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to detect and correct paperwork errors or discrepancies as necessary.
- Ability to carry out routine verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to lift maximum of 50 pounds
- 15days of paid time off and 11 company-paid holidays
- 401k plan with a 6% match
- Comprehensive health plan including medical, dental, vision, Life, short-term & long-term disability
- Motivating wellness program
- Employee Assistance Program
Location:We are based inSanta Fe Springs (CA).
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Sulzer is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
83% of our employees recommend Sulzer as a good place to work and we are proud to be recognized as a Top Employer 2022 in Switzerland. So come and join our story, starting today!
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.