Job Responsibilities : Senior Certified Surgical Technician – Surgery – Covenant Medical Center
Office Address : Lubbock, Texas, United States
Educational requirements : Bachelor Degree
Covenant Health is seeking a Full-time, Day Shift Senior Certified Surgical Technician with the Surgery Department at Covenant Medical Center.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
$5,000 Hiring Bonus for eligible external candidates who meet all conditions for payment – this is in addition to the fantastic benefits and compensation package offered by Providence that begin on your first day of employment.
As a member of the surgical team, under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse Circulator, maintains the operating room sterile field; passes instruments, sutures, and sponges during surgery. Insures that proper aseptic technique is utilized to prevent contamination and infection. Performs in the role of second scrub and/or first assistant as needed. Assists the registered nurse with circulating duties.
- Scrubs hands and arms; dons sterile operating room attire; organizes the sterile field; passes instruments, suture, and other needed sterile items to surgeon, anticipating the need. Holds retractors and cuts suture.
- Selects supplies and equipment for case cart based on surgeon’s preference card; organizes supplies, equipment, and instruments in operating room.
- Checks, adjusts, and operates equipment such as sterilizes, lights, suction, electrosurgical units, and diagnostic equipment. Documents appropriately according to hospital policy.
- Helps prepare and care for specimens identified for laboratory analysis; applies dressings as directed.
- Identifies, prepares, and labels medications given to the sterile field.
- Cleans and restocks the OR suites.
- AREA OF SPECIALIZATION:
- Participates in open heart and/or neuro procedures and takes emergency call for one of those specialties.
Minimum Position Requeirements
- Graduate of an accredited school of Surgical Technology or Armed Services Surgical Technology program.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Current Certification in Surgical Technology.
- BLS within 30 days of employment.
Covenant Health is celebrating over 100 years of serving Lubbock and our South Plains region. As the oldest and largest health system in Lubbock and the region, we currently employ over 5,200 people with a medical staff of over 600 physicians.
For over 100 years, Covenant has been driven by a mission of providing a Christian ministry of healing and caring for the whole person – mind, body and spirit. Our vision and differentiator is we are the only faith-based, integrated health network in the West Texas/eastern New Mexico region dedicated to a Christian ministry of healing.
As an expression of our mission, we believe we hold an important Covenant with our patients and try and treat every interaction as Sacred Encounters.
Our ministry includes six hospitals with over 1,100 licensed beds:
Covenant Medical Center – CMC
Covenant Plainview – PLV
Covenant Levelland – LVL
Trustpoint (joint venture: Rehab Hospital of Lubbock)
Covenant Medical Group (CMG)
Covenant Health Partners
Hospice of Lubbock
Covenant Health’s total service area includes 25 counties that covers most of West Texas and eastern New Mexico. The service area covers approximately 750,000 people and approximately 35,000 square miles.
Covenant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Covenant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Positions specified as “on call, per diem” refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as “as needed basis” to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Covenant Health
Category: Surgical Techs
Req ID: R357695
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.