Job Responsibilities : Senior Analyst, Tax
Office Address : 15710 John F Kennedy Boulevard, Houston, Texas, United States
Educational requirements : Bachelor Degree
At Kraton, we make a Positive Difference, and we are looking for individuals who are also looking to make a difference in their jobs, for our customers and to the world. We are looking to hire a key member of our Finance teamat our HoustonHeadquarters location.
The Senior Tax Analyst provides support to the Tax Manager as a senior professional knowledgeable and able to expertly perform key tax actions such as the preparation and filing of international, federal and state tax returns. The Senior Tax Analyst will conduct tax research and perform compliance monitoring. This role will ensure that best-in-class tax and financial support is provided to internal and external stakeholders; compliance with the required United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and multi-jurisdictional tax code; drive Kraton’s ability to report reliable and accurate information about the business; and partner with the commercial and operating teams to derive shareholder value.
- Prepares state compliance including income tax, franchise tax, property tax and sales & use tax
- Prepare state return to provision calculation and explanations
- Calculate, track, and request quarterly payments and extensions
- Prepares or reviews state provisions under IFRS
- Prepare reconciliation of state income tax, property tax and local country tax accounts
- Collaborate with shared services on sales and use process
- Resolve tax notices and tax audits with various governmental agencies
- Prepare local country income tax provision under IFRS and local GAAP
- Prepare local country income tax return to provision calculations and explanations
- Assist team in other functional areas to include preparation of US federal compliance, reconciliation of accounts and preparation of provision schedules
- 4+ years of relevant experience in preparing compliance and tax provisions.
- Strong reconciliation, analytical skills with the ability to develop new processes as needed.
- Solid ability to resolve moderate to complex tax and other related issues and problems.
- Strong effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly driven and self-motivated
- Demonstrate effective communication skills to include written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal.
- Must be able to work under general to limited supervision and act independently
- Strong organizational and documentation skills with a high level of accuracy.
- Preferred experience with corporate global operations and/or public accounting firm
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting supported by relevant work experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kraton’s internal talent acquisition team manages our recruiting efforts and from time to time works with pre-selected/pre-approved external staffing agencies.We do NOT accept unsolicited resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and/or agencies who are not pre-selected/pre-approved.
Kraton is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.