Job Responsibilities : RN Hemo Dialysis
Office Address : Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Educational requirements : Bachelor Degree
Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at Alaska Regional Hospital have the opportunity to make a real impact. As a(an) RN Hemo Dialysis you can be a part of change.
Alaska Regional Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an) RN Hemo Dialysis. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse in Dialysis/Pheresis at our facility you will be providing care to acutely or critically ill patients. You will be joining a team that is dedicated to serving others in need and also supporting each other. This department services: Inpatient dialysis and vascular access/PICC placement.
- You will be responsible for patient assessment for vascular access, PICC placement and troubleshooting, protocol development based on Standards of Practice, staff education, and data collection.
- You will serve as a consultant working directly with the nursing staff to identify, educate, and promote best practice in Vascular Access.
- You will exemplify professional nursing practice through expert clinical practice, strong leadership skills, and management activities.
What qualifications you will need:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Minimum 2 years of acute care experience and IV placement experience required.
- Knowledge of specialty equipment and tool: Plasmapheresis preferred, Dialysis (prior experience preferred), IV access skills
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Healthcare’s is known for our expertise, compassion and skills. We are committed to delivering patient-centered care to every patient on every visit for our 250 plus bed facility. Year after year, Alaska Regional receives 5-star ratings for heart attack treatment, bowel obstruction treatment, and colorectal surgery.
Based in Anchorage, Alaska Regional is located in a thriving community offering plenty of opportunities to capitalize on the Alaskan lifestyle. Alaska offers some of the most incredible scenic beauty around the world which draws visitors year-round who come for a vacation and end up making Alaska home.
We are part of the HCA Healthcare network – which includes more than 300 affiliate facilities across the country – offering our colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA Healthcare and Alaska Regional are inspired by our mission to care for and improve human life to create a positive impact in our community.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it.”
– Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our RN Hemo Dialysis opening. Submit your application today and help advance the practice of nursing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.