Job Responsibilities : Respiratory Therapy Supervisor
Office Address : Austin, Texas, United States
Educational requirements : Associate Degree
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Respiratory Therapy Supervisor opening with St. David’s South Austin Medical Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Respiratory Therapy Supervisor for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As the Cardiopulmonary Supervisor, you will be responsible for directing the day-to-day clinical activities of the Service. You will also be subject to assuming general floor coverage as required.
- You will administer Oxygen Therapy and Aerosol Therapy via the various devices available on a daily basis
- You will administer Airway Pressure Therapy on a weekly basis
- You will instruct patient and setup Incentive Breathing Device on a daily basis
- You will perform Chest Percussion and Postural Drainage by hand manipulation or mechanical percussor on a daily basis
- You will document all rounds and complete documentation and related charges in Meditech in a thorough and expeditious manner on a daily basis
- You will develop departmental work schedules assuring minimal coverage guidelines are met on a monthly basis
- Five years of clinical experience in Acute Care setting
- Associate Degree from accredited Respiratory Care Program or equivalent
Licenses and Certifications
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license by the Texas Medical Board
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification as per St. David’s HealthCare policy
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification as per St. David’s HealthCare policy – preferred
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required within 90 days of hire per St. David’s HealthCare policy
, which is part of St. David’s HealthCare. We are a 368-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties. Our services include a nationally accredited oncology program with the area’s only adult Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program; advanced trauma care with a Level II trauma center; comprehensive cardiac, stroke and orthopedic programs; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop. St. David’s South Austin Medical Center is affiliated with the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. We offer advanced robotic services for orthopedics, open heart and lung surgery, complex GI surgery, surgical oncology, general surgery, colorectal surgery, and urology. It was one of the first hospitals in Central Texas to combine the use of CT imaging and robotics to detect early stage lung cancer.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow.”
– Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Respiratory Therapy Supervisor opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.