Job Responsibilities : Rehab Inpatient Coder Work From Home
Office Address : 1 Park Plaza, Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Educational requirements : High School
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Coding Integ Spec III WFH? At Parallon, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Parallon, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Coding Integ Spec III WFH like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
This is a part-time position. Sign-On Bonus Eligible*
As an inpatient rehabilitation coder, you will review and evaluate hospital inpatient medical record documentation to assign and sequence the appropriate ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS codes. In addition, you will complete the coding sections of the IRF-PAI, both concurrently while the patient is inhouse and post discharge. This is a great position for coders looking for variety in case, complexity and services rendered who want to be part of a dynamic team in a growing field.
In this role you will:
- With the assistance of computer assisted coding (CAC) technology, accept, edit or delete CAC autosuggested codes, add codes (as applicable) and sequence codes
- Assign appropriate codes in accordance with all appropriate guidelines including IRF Patient Assessment Instrument (PAI) requirements
- Abstract various data elements (e.g., physician, discharge disposition)
- Issue physician queries in response to unclear, ambiguous or conflicting documentation
- Participate in ongoing coding education and support coding accuracy activities
Qualifications you will need:
- High School graduate or GED equivalent required
- Undergraduate (Associate’s or Bachelor’s) degree in HIM/HIT preferred
- Minimum 1 year of acute care or rehabilitation hospital inpatient coding required with 3 years preferred
- RHIA, RHIT or CCS preferred
*Some exclusions may apply. Must meet eligibility requirements.
provides full-service revenue cycle management, or total patient account resolution, for HCA Healthcare. Our services include scheduling, registration, insurance verification, hospital billing, revenue integrity, collections, payment compliance, credentialing, health information management, customer service, payroll and physician billing. We also provide full-service revenue cycle management as well as targeted solutions, such as Medicaid Eligibility, for external clients across the country. Parallon has over 17,000 colleagues, and serves close to 1,000 hospitals and 3,000 physician practices, all making an impact on patients, providers and their communities.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Good people beget good people.”
– Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Coding Integ Spec III WFH opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.