Job Responsibilities : Registered Nurse (RN) – Primary Care Wiscasset
Office Address : Wiscasset, Maine, United States
Educational requirements : Bachelor Degree
**This position is open to current MaineHealth employees only**
If you got into healthcare to make a meaningful difference in people’s lives, MaineHealth should be where you call home. We are hiring immediately for a full-time (36 hours per week) Primary Care RN where you’ll find more than just a job – you’ll make a meaningful difference.
Why join us?
We can offer you an unmatched opportunity for career goals without compromising your quality of life. We are proud to offer all the great benefits you’d expect from a healthcare leader (403(b), insurance, PTO) plus:
- Education, training opportunities and resources that support professional growth
- Growth opportunities (typical career progression from this role would be moving to a Charge RN or management position)
Being conscious of the pandemic:
Our RN nurses serve a key role in working together so our communities are among the healthiest in America. In order to take care of our community, we must take care of ourselves. This pandemic has exceled rates of excessive stress, depression and anxiety. Now more than ever is the time to take care ourselves. Wellbeing is different for everyone we have wellbeing plans that are designed to be flexible to meet you at different points in your life. Lean more about these on our website.
As an RN at LincolnHealth, you will be working in a clinical position. Your day to day will include typical nursing responsibilities such as independent assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Associate’s degree or equivalent from an accredited 2 year nursing school or program. Bachelor’s degree from four year school of nursing optional.
- License/Certifications: Current Maine State Registered Professional Nursing license. Current Basic Life Support certification.
- Experience: N/A
- Successful completion of LH IV Therapy course
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints from customers or regulatory agencies.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Ability to calculate medication dosages and pass medication exam.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
MaineHealth was ranked one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes!
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, “Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America.” MaineHealth consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral health care network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed clinicians working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 care team members, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire. Learn more about our system at
At MaineHealth, we offer benefits that support an individual’s needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our packages include health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the well-being of our communities and care team members. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Join us, and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to a new level.
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.