Job Responsibilities : Registered Nurse House Supervisor
Office Address : Austin, Texas, United States
Educational requirements : No Education Requirements
Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At St. David’s South Austin Medical Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) House Administrative Supervisor to join our healthcare family.
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our House Administrative Supervisor opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a House Supervisor, you will be responsible for monitoring and coordinating intradepartmental and interdepartmental functioning of the hospital. You will be responsible for the direction, supervision, coordination, and evaluation of nursing performance and activities related to the care and treatment of patients within the hospital on a specific shift.
* You will serve as authority in the absence of other members of the nursing management/administrative team.
* You will direct staff members appropriately and effectively in emergency situations.
* You will access personnel needs based on census, acuity, and the special needs of each unit.
* You will ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and regulatory standards.
* You will act as a Clinical Resource regarding complex patient issues and assists staff in clinical decision making.
* You will manage admission and discharge processes to ensure efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care.
* You will model, promote and hold staff accountable for attaining and sustaining an unparalleled patient experience that differentiates the organization as a leader in healthcare.
* You will coordinate with management/administrative team to ensure staff productivity and appropriate resource utilization to achieve high quality patient care while meeting financial performance goals and objectives.
What qualifications you will need:
Experience* Minimum of 5 years of clinical practice, minimum of 3 years in a management role, and a minimum of 1 year as a House SupervisorEducation* Associate’s degree in Nursing (ADN)* Completion of or actively pursuing Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferredLicenses and Certifications* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered* BLS certification – per St. David’s policy* ACLS certification – per St. David’s policy
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
, which is part of St. David’s HealthCare. We are a 368-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties. Our services include a nationally accredited oncology program with the area’s only adult Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program; advanced trauma care with a Level II trauma center; comprehensive cardiac, stroke and orthopedic programs; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop. St. David’s South Austin Medical Center is affiliated with the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. We offer advanced robotic services for orthopedics, open heart and lung surgery, complex GI surgery, surgical oncology, general surgery, colorectal surgery, and urology. It was one of the first hospitals in Central Texas to combine the use of CT imaging and robotics to detect early stage lung cancer.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient’s family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual.”
– Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our House Administrative Supervisor opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.