Job Responsibilities : Radiology Technologist Lakeside Campus
Office Address : New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Educational requirements : Bachelor Degree
Do you have the career opportunities as a Radiology Technologist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join , a facility that is part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Tulane Lakeside Hospital we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Radiology Technologist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Registered Radiology Tech (Rad Tech) performs radiographic procedures and related techniques, producing images at the request of and for interpretation by a licensed independent practitioner. Supports and helps to achieve departmental goals. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Radiographers must demonstrate an understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology.
- Is able to recognize patient condition, assesses and monitors patient vital signs, takes appropriate action in emergency situations essential for successful completion of procedures while maintaining quality patient care through the use of independent professional and ethical judgment.
- Prepare, administer and document activities related to medications and radiation exposure in accordance to federal, state and institutional policies.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy in radiographic positioning and exposure technique; possess, utilize and maintain knowledge about radiation protection and safety.
- Must remain sensitive to the physical and emotional needs of the patient through good communication, patient assessment, patient monitoring and patient care skills.
- As a member of the health care team, X-Ray technologists participate in quality improvement processes and continually assess their professional performance.
- Performs assigned room cleanup tasks including disposal, cleaning, inventory and restocking of supplies and equipment.
- Performs all assigned RIS transactions to ensure that accurate patient and procedure information is recorded in a timely fashion for the patient medical record and billing purposes.
- Are able to think critically and use independent, professional and ethical judgment in all aspects of their work.
Job Summary and Qualifications
Our Radiology Technologist performs diagnostic procedures. Rad Techs collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to provide the very best imaging services. The commitment to service, safety and professionalism is critical to achieving the best experience for our patients. Come join our team of dedicated professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient care.
What qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Registered Radiographer (ARRT) registry eligible
- State Registered Radiologic Technician – LSRT (New graduates can operate on a temporary state license through expiration of that license)
- Graduate of an accredited Radiologic School
- Experience preferred, but not required
- Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period
Work Schedule: Lakeside Campus – Full-time – Monday-Friday(7:30a – 4p) w/call & holiday rotation
Opportunity to learn other modalities
For more than 50 years, Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and Children has provided the knowledge, expertise and specialized care vital to the healthcare needs of women and their babies in Jefferson Parish. Our commitment to treating women and their babies has grown by expanding services and offering a wider range of healthcare options for the entire family. We provide cutting edge technology in many specialties including Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Radiology and Surgery. HCA Healthcare acquired Lakeside Hospital for Women in 1964, building a 94-bed facility in Metairie, outside New Orleans. In 2005, Lakeside merged with Tulane Medical Center, changing its name to Tulane Lakeside Hospital.
Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and Children is part of Tulane Health System, an acclaimed teaching, research and medical system serving the greater New Orleans area. Our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Radiology Tech opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.