Job Responsibilities : Production Support Specialist
Office Address : Barboursville, West Virginia, United States
Educational requirements : High School
Production Support Specialist–Full Time–Barboursville (WV),United States
At Sulzer, you are in charge of your career and continued development. Take the opportunity to broaden your skills by seeking new roles that reflect your experience. Create your own impact by building solutions that help make lives safer, smarter and more sustainable.
Join ourServices_AMEteam withinServicesdivision inUnited StatesasProduction Support Specialistto help us take our businessto the next level.
In this roleyou will be accountable for:
- Create Work Orders and routings to manufacture parts
- Develop a routing for each part that is to be made by reviewing BOMs and previous work orders.
- Work closely with the Master Planner providing timely routings to be scheduled.
- Work closely with MRP/Inventory Specialist to correctly issue material to work orders before closing.
- Support purchasing department efforts to maintain vendor delivery goals.
- Work closely with Order Entry to handle all order releases.
- Create Re-work orders
- Work closely with engineering to understand repair procedures for a non-conforming condition.
- Create routings to follow for repairs.
- Code reworks to measure cost of quality
- Keep department manager apprised of any issues with orders
- Track and measure production KPIs
- Advise management of order status, changes, clarifications, and approvals.
- Actively involved with standardization and continuous improvement processes
- Back up the MRP/Inventory function
- Supports, cooperates with, and participates in company-wide LEAN and QESH Management System which includes following all safety, health and environmental policies and procedures. Supports and cooperates in company-wide Quality Management effort.
- Adheres to company and department policies, procedures, and standards
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- High School Education or equivalent required
- Minimum of one year experience in closely related position, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of pump manufacturing. Experience with engineered products and quality principles. Proficient knowledge of Nuclear, Commercial, or Export markets.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. Be able to work with internal and external customers under demanding conditions.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word and all aspects of SAP strongly preferred.
- The ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, sectional drawings, engineered bill of materials. Ability to read and understand customer specific requirements on inquiries and purchase orders.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 preferred.
- Strong communication skills required.
- 15days or paid time off and 11 company-paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with a 6% company match
- Comprehensive benefits program, including, medical, dental, vision, life, and short-term and long-term disability
- Motivating wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Service awards at 5 years
Location:We are based inBarboursville (WV).
No visa or work permit support can be provided for this role.
Have a question about the role? Reach out to the Hiring Manager –Mark OBryanor the recruiting team – Olivia Quesada. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
To apply, complete your Profile in Success Factors. Then apply via an internal job board in SF for this vacancy, answering a few additional questions.
We encourage you to inform your line manager of your career interest and application for this role as your desired next career step.
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.