Job Responsibilities : Physical Therapist Acute Care
Office Address : Fort Pierce, Florida, United States
Educational requirements : No Education Requirements
Fort Pierce, FL
External Candidates Only. For more information, contact:
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast providing interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include adult and pediatric emergency services, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, as well as inpatient and outpatient surgical services.
Lawnwood is designated by the Joint Commission as a Certified Primary Stroke Center. The Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and we are designated a Level II Trauma Center by the Florida Department of Health and verified by the American College of Surgeons. We also offer a freestanding ER in Vero Beach providing emergency treatment for adults and children closer to home. Additionally Lawnwood offers the area’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). At Lawnwood patients come first – no matter what! We invite you to work in a fast-paced environment with a team of top healthcare professionals while enjoying a culturally vibrant, yet laid-back quality of life centered on Treasure Coast beaches, boating, fishing, community and the outdoors.
We offer a generous benefits package, including:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k Match
- Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Reimbursement & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dependent Scholarship Program
- Clinical Certification Support & Bonuses
- Paid Community Service Days
- And more!
Being a part of HCA Healthcare, we provide unprecedented career opportunity including the ability to move within more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers located in 21 states and the United Kingdom.
- Plans and uses therapies involving physical exercise, massage, heat, water, light and electricity.
- Utilizes various mechanical and electrical equipment and prosthetic and orthotic devices.
- Evaluates, records and reports on patient’s response to treatment and progress toward identified goals.
- Integrates physical therapy treatments with other aspects of patient care.
- Assists patients reach their maximal reasonably levels of function and to cope with their limitations.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Participates in patient discharge planning.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- B.S. or M.S. from an accredited school of Physical Therapy.
- Florida State Physical Therapist license.
- Certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- New Grads May Apply.
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.