Job Responsibilities : Pharmacist
Office Address : Brownsville, Texas, United States
Educational requirements : No Education Requirements
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Pharmacist? At Valley Regional Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Valley Regional Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Pharmacist like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Pharmacist, you will maintain strong knowledge of hospital policies and government regulations and dispenses medications accordingly. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and we are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
What You Will Do In This Role:
* You will be responsible for reviewing the medication therapy and ensuring it is appropriate for the patient’s diagnosis.
* You will evaluate medication orders, accurately and safely compounds medications in acceptable dosage forms, appropriately packages and dispenses pre-manufactured dosage forms.
* You will identify and consults on possible drug interactions.
* You will effectively and accurately provides education or in-services on rational medication therapy and medication procedures to healthcare professionals, students, patients, or the public as needed.
* You will assists in the supervision and training of pharmacy technician personnel.
* You will maintain knowledge pertaining to facility utilization of automated dispensing processes including the use of automated dispensing units, Connect RX, over wrap packaging, and barcoding within the facility.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
* Registered Pharmacist Certificate and current renewal certification issued by the Texas State Board of Pharmacy is required.
* Requires Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy, or Pharm. D degree from an accredited College of Pharmacy is required.
* Texas IV certification is required.
* BLS is required.
Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, proudly serves Brownsville, TX and the surrounding communities in the Rio Grande Valley. Valley Regional Medical Center is a licensed 215+ bed facility with over 200 physicians representing 25+ specialties. From emergency medicine, to diagnostic imaging services, and caring for newborn babies, Valley Regional Medical Center is the hospital that families count on when they are looking for quality healthcare close to home. We are a designated Advanced Level III Trauma Center and an Advanced Primary Stroke Center. Our Heart and Vascular services include a full-range of cardiac services including minimally invasive and open-heart surgery, cardiac cath lab, heart imaging services and more. Our women’s department includes labor, delivery and recovery in a home-like setting. We also have a C-section operating room on standby 24 hours a day and a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit equipped with specially trained staff. Innovation and an unwavering commitment to patient care are the cornerstones of our hospital. Come experience our family centered culture at Valley Regional.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Good people beget good people.”
– Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Pharmacist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.