Job Responsibilities : Patient Safety Attendant PRN
Office Address : Blacksburg, Virginia, United States
Educational requirements : No Education Requirements
Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) Patient Safety Attendant PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join LewisGale Hospital Montgomery which is part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
LewisGale Hospital Montgomery, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Patient Safety Attendant PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Patient Safety Attendant (PSA) participates in high-quality, patient-centered care by providing continuous observation and monitoring for high risk patients. In collaboration with the patient care team, the PSA ensures the patient environment is free of obstacles and minimizes risk of falls and accidental or intentional self-harm. The PSA may also assist with basic activities of daily living.
What you will do in this role:
- Maintains a direct line of sight with patient at all times, including while family and/or visitors are in the room.
- Accompanies patient and ensures patient safety during transportation, testing, and procedures occurring away from the patient’s normal environment.
- Establishes a safe, risk-free patient environment by utilizing knowledge of fall prevention protocols, infection control measures, and self-harm prevention. Performs room assessment regularly and after any visitations.
- Creates clear, accurate documentation on patient status and activity during the shift.
- Performs other duties as needed when not providing direct patient observation. Assists nursing staff with tasks such as transporting patients, delivering equipment and supplies, transporting specimens, delivering patient trays, answering phones, and assisting visitors.
- Participates as an active member of the health care team and positively promotes the rest of the team to patients/families/caregivers and other colleagues.
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities, and seeks opportunities to improve department and inter-department processes.
- Restocks non-medicinal patient room supplies as needed.
What qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
has provided quality healthcare services since 1910. We give patient’s access to trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 140+ bed hospital is one of the leading acute care facilities in Southwest Virginia and New River Valley. We specialize in heart and vascular care-with the only cardiac catheterization lab in the New River Valley. We perform percutaneous coronary intervention – (stent and angioplasty). We provide services in orthopedic and spine care, and heartburn treatment at LewisGale Hospital Montgomery’s Heartburn Treatment Center. Our maternity services through our family-focused Birthing Center facilities have award-winning lactation consultants.
At LewisGale Hospital Montgomery, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do.”
– Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Patient Safety Attendant PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.