Job Responsibilities : Nursing Supervisor
Office Address : Vidalia, Georgia, United States
Educational requirements : Bachelor Degree
Do you have the career opportunities as a Nursing Supervisor you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Memorial Health Meadows Hospital which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
$20,000 Sign on Bonus to eligible candidates!
Memorial Health Meadows Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Memorial Health Meadows Hospital!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Nursing Supervisor provides direct nursing care by established policies and procedures of Meadows Hospital and the Georgia Board of Nurse Examiners. In collaboration with the patient, the patient’s family, and other members of the Health Care Team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and coordinates treatment plans. The RN is responsible for patient assessments, patient education, administration of medications as ordered by a physician, via oral IM, SQ or IV route. The RN will also document on nurses notes, medication, and patient education records.
What you will do in this role:
- Assesses patient care requirements on each unit, by making rounds in the Emergency Department (ED), and all other areas of the hospital according to departmental need
- Assesses the acuity of care required by the patients
- Develops and implements staffing plan for shift based on patient acuity, patient census and available staff
- Maintains proficiency with computer scheduling system and assists with scheduling as assigned
- Serves as a resource to staff for solving clinical problems
- Assists staff to efficiently utilize staffing resources to meet patient care requirements and other professional responsibilities
- Provides for immediate follow-up, documentation, and communication of incidents to appropriate manager and director
- Responds to emergency situations and assists as necessary
- Responds to emergencies by activating emergency notification systems, dispatching helicopters, contacting cardiac, and surgical services special teams; notifying security, fire, and police; initiating disaster plan call list; activating incident command
- Anticipates actual/potential problems that may occur on the shift and sets shift priorities accordingly
- Works collaboratively with nursing and ancillary staff to resolve problems in a fair, consistent manner
- Contacts representatives of departments not presently in the hospital for assistance with problem solving
- Acts as a resource, interpret and ensure adherence to Meadows and nursing philosophy, policies and procedures
- Obtains materials/supplies from Materials Processing and/or the Storeroom for patient care when these departments are not open
- Fosters a just culture climate to identify and respond to actual/potential patient safety issues
- Provides support, guidance and feedback to staff
- Assists staff to interpret change in a positive manner
- Assists staff to provide a safe work environment for patient care
- Consistently and independently follows established safety and infection control procedures. Intervenes in unsafe situations
- Assists physicians and staff in admission criteria for assigning admission status and bed assignment to patients
- Reports to the administrator-on-call significant incidents and problems that occur on the shift
- Provides detailed hand-off reporting to oncoming nursing supervisor
What qualifications you will need:
Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate’s Degree in Nursing or higher is requiredMust be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN licenseA current ACLS and PALS certification is required1 year experience in an RN role is requiredMemorial Health Meadows Hospital is a regional health system featuring a state-of-the-art hospital, cancer center and a network of physician practices that serve Vidalia, Ga. and the surrounding communities. Meadows Health includes the only nationally accredited hospital in Montgomery, Toombs, Treutlen and Tattnall counties. The center offers the latest in medical advancements including cutting-edge cancer care, life-saving heart attack procedures, women’s services, wound care, orthopedic medicine and more.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
“Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do.”
– Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Nursing Supervisor opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.