Job Responsibilities : Med Surg Clinical Nurse Coordinator
Office Address : Round Rock, Texas, United States
Educational requirements : Associate Degree
St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for Med Surg Clinical Nurse Coordinator position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Clinical Nurse Coordinator, you will serve as the primary decision maker for clinical and managerial operations and workflow during a given shift. As a Registered Nurse, you may assume care responsibilities for patients on the unit if needed. Unlock the possibilities in your nursing career by joining a team that cares like family.
* You will collaborate with the multidisciplinary team to coordinate, evaluate, customize, and deliver high quality, patient-centered care.
* You will continuously assess the quality of nursing care services provided and operationalize evidenced-based practices to enhance patient safety and quality outcomes.
* You will assume leadership responsibility within the unit in support of the RN manager/director, including direct supervision of a portion of the staff, education and coaching, payroll editing, annual performance reviews, and employee recognition.
* You will have designated responsibilities that may rotate within one or more of the following core areas:
o Quality, Safety, and Regulatory Preparedness
o Patient Experience
o Employee Engagement, Physician Satisfaction, and Culture
o Fiscal Responsibility including scheduling, overtime review, and supply management
o Staff Development including education / clinical competencies and Graduate Nurse Residency / Preceptor support
* 1+ year experience in healthcare
* Associate Degree in Nursing
* Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing – preferred
License and Certifications
* Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in accordance with law and regulation.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification – preferred
is a 150+ bed acute-care facility located north of Austin, Texas. This comprehensive medical center features the only hybrid operating room in the county, a 24-hour emergency department with a Level II trauma center, and leading-edge cardiac care through the Heart Hospital of Austin at St. David’s Round Rock. Patients may also receive care related to rehabilitation services, women’s services, cancer care, neurology, joint replacement and orthotics, when visiting this facility.
St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits – St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow.”
– Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Med Surg Clinical Nurse Coordinator opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.