Job Responsibilities : Maintenance Worker II
Office Address : Richardson, Texas, United States
Educational requirements : High School
|Position Title||Maintenance Worker II|
|Functional Title||Maintenance Worker II|
|Salary Range||Commensurate with experience|
|Position Status||Regular full-time|
|Position End Date (if temporary)|
|Posting Open Date||12/11/2022|
|Posting Close Date|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Desired Start Date|
Perform variety of maintenance and repair tasks in one or more craft areas including carpentry, painting, flooring, drywall or general maintenance.
|Minimum Education and Experience||
High School diploma or GED equivalent or 3 to 5 years of experience in performing general maintenance duties or trade school.
|Preferred Education and Experience|
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities||
Perform assigned day-to-day repairs and emergency maintenance.
Assist with the upkeep of grounds and buildings.
Assist with installation and modification of building equipment systems.
Maintain lighting systems throughout the facility, cleaning fixtures, and replacing bulbs and lamps.
Assist with troubleshooting and repairs of buildings and installed systems.
Work independently or as a team member.
Conduct minor and major repairs of all buildings and equipment.
Perform preventative maintenance procedures on buildings and equipment.
Set up rooms for activities or classes by moving tables, moving chairs, and setting up projectors and screens to support daily activities and special events in residential areas.
Respond to emergencies during scheduled work hours and after hours, including weekends, as needed.
Work after-hours, weekends, and on-call duties as assigned
Perform additional duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
The division of student affairs promotes and encourages student engagement and belonging. We accomplish this through in-person interactions with students, therefore remote work for this position is not available. In order to combat the spread of
UTD Faculty, Staff, and Students are required to:
* Must possess at the time of hire and maintain a valid Texas Driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
* May be required to report to on-site work location during campus closure.
* May be required to report to on-site work location during inclement weather.
What You Should Know
The University of Texas at Dallas is committed to providing an educational, living and working environment that is welcoming, respectful and inclusive of all members of the university community. The University prohibits unlawful discrimination against a person because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. Visit https://institutional-initiatives.utdallas.edu/ for more information.
What We Can Offer
|Special Instructions Summary|
1) All employees serve as a representative of the University and are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy, consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.
2) The University of Texas at Dallas is committed to providing an educational, living, and working environment that is welcoming, respectful, and inclusive of all members of the university community. UT Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its services, programs, activities, employment, and education, including in admission and enrollment.
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.