Job Responsibilities : Machine Operator – Night Shift
Office Address : Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania, United States
Educational requirements : High School
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Machine Operator – Night Shift
Amentum is seeking a Machine Operator in Fairless Hills, PA to take care of all machine-specific functions such as configuring the equipment, loading and operating the machines, and optimizing the machine capability. Ensure that the machine works at its full capacity, oversee its maintenance, and perform timely quality checks.
- Ability to comply with safe and competent manufacturing practices.
- Perform quality control, follow proper reporting and record keeping procedures.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks as assigned.
- Maintains communication within production team members to ensure smooth shift transitions.
- Communicate between pre-weight, QA, palletizing, etc.
- Monitor raw materials and supplies to ensure efficient production.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating difficulties.
- Monitor weights, seals, caps and general packaging of product.
- Responsible for startup and shut down on production line.
- Ability to perform changeovers in a safe and efficient manner.
- Complete required paperwork and checklists as required.
- Forklift Operation – must be certified by KDCAg Trainers
- Ability to maintain a clean and sanitized workspace.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Compensation & Benefits:
HIRING HOURLY RATE: $20/hr. This position includes a competitive benefits package.
6pm – 6am; Alternative Work Schedule – You’ll alternate each week between a 2 days on/ 2 days off and 3 days on/ 3 days off schedule.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education and experience.
- Entry level position, no experience required.
- Properly wear the uniform and any safety equipment provided.
- Fluency in English, must show ability to effectively communicate including speaking, writing, active listening and instruction.
- Ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- Must be willing to work overtime, holidays, various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
Some physical requirements include:
- Regularly lift to 50 lbs.
- Regularly climb ladders, steps, and scaffolding.
- Repetitive motions: bend, stoop, squat, kneel, stretch, reach, and wrist movement.
- Walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Work at an accelerated pace in emergency conditions.
- Ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats, and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.