Job Responsibilities : Industrial Electrician IV – 1st Shift
Office Address : Pontiac, Illinois, United States
Educational requirements : Associate Degree
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Industrial Electrician IV – 1st Shift
Amentum is seeking a Medium Voltage Electrician IV to join our 1st shift industrial facility maintenance team in Pontiac, IL.
- Typical work schedule is Monday – Friday, 7:00 am – 3:30 pm; hours may vary based on business demand.
- Will be on call on a rotating schedule for afterhours issues.
The Industrial Electrician IV will perform the typical duties of an electrician working with voltages up to 18kv. Perform maintenance, troubleshooting and emergency repairs on equipment in the Pontiac area. Will be called to assist Peoria Power crew on occasion. Communication to the client and management as required.
Effectively communicates with the site management team and the customer to understand requirements, solve electrical power distribution problems, and provide solutions to problems.
The Industrial Electrician IV must have the ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
Within Amentum, our group provides facilities and production maintenance services for our clients’ industrial, manufacturing, distribution, pharmaceutical, and commercial sites worldwide.
- We run our own crews of Production Maintenance Techs, CNC Service Techs, Automation Techs, Industrial Electricians, Maintenance Mechanics, Industrial HVAC Techs, Logistics / Crib Management, Planner/ Schedulers, Supervisors and safety professionals inside our customers’ facilities to keep their infrastructure operating smoothly.
- Perform maintenance on Substations, breakers, load break interrupters, transformers, capacitor banks, and various power distribution panels and equipment
- Verify and check settings in electrical protection devices and trip units
- Troubleshoot and repair faulted controls, breakers, and related equipment
- Read schematics and onelines in the effort to determine solutions for problems that arise
- Perform safety and hazard assessments prior to performing any work
- Operate Circuit breakers, interrupters and disconnects as part of normal maintenance and workload
- Inspection and documentation of findings
- Communication to Client and management of issue found and work completion
- Responds to emergency calls and takes necessary actions
- Directs the work of unskilled and semi-skilled helpers assisting in projects, assuring that proper safety practices are followed
- Troubleshoots and repairs PLCs, VFDs as they relate to high voltage gear.
- Coordinates work with outside contractors.
- Perform work following standard NFPA 70E and IEEE as required
- Performs preventive maintenance on industrial electrical control and operating systems as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis (two minute rule) and lockout/tagout procedures and utilizes PPE as required.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Able to be in a rotation for one week on-call period.
- Ability to read and troubleshoot from electrical onelines and schematics
- Familiarity in using electrical test equipment – multimeters, megger, and verifiers
- Familiarity working with distribution panels and switchboards
- Following company Lockout tagout procedures
- Other duties may be assigned
- Electrician Certificate from an apprenticeship program or equivalent Associates Technical degree
- Experience working safely with voltages up to 480v
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position will require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require local travel, various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associates degree in industrial technology or certificate from an industrial electrical course
- Experience installing rigid conduit and EMT up to 3 inch
- Working knowledge of NEC, sizing wire and transformers, calculating conduit fill. Experience with a CMMS or Maintenance Management System (i.e. Maximo, MP2, etc.) NFPA-70E training preferred
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.