Job Responsibilities : ICU Registered Nurse Austin Float Pool
Office Address : Austin, Texas, United States
Educational requirements : Associate Degree
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At St. David’s Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as an ICU Registered Nurse Austin Float Pool and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
At St. David’s Medical Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
This position is eligible for up to a $10,000 sign-on bonus!
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our ICU Registered Nurse Austin Float Pool opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Critical Care Austin Market Float Pool, you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, implementing and evaluating care. You will be responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel on the team.
Austin Market Float Pool (AMFP) employees are required to float to all St. David’s HealthCare System Facilities. AMFP nurses will be scheduled in units in which they have competencies and can be placed in a unit below their competency level with a modified assignment.
* You will perform and document patient assessments at the time of the admission
* You will create a plan of care, including discharge plans, revise the plans based on the patients’ response to treatment and regularly evaluate plans for effectiveness
* You will document the outcomes of nursing interventions and patient responses
* You will provide educational materials to patients and families on care and treatments
* You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
* You will perform venipuncture, administer and maintain IV fluids and IV medications
* You will review all new physician orders, ensure that orders are carried out and documented correctly, and verify that other departments are notified of orders and services
* You will notify the Charge Nurse and/or physician of changes in patient status
* You will provide accurate and relevant patient information reports to the on-coming shift to ensure continuity of care
What qualifications you will need:
* 2 years of nursing experience in an Intensive Care Unit
* Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) from accredited Nursing program
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification required
* National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification required per St. David’s Healthcare Policy – within 60 days of hire
* Completion of Course in Advanced Trauma Nursing (CATN) OR Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) Certification within 1 year of hire
, which is one
of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St.
David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two
local non-profits – St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute
for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Good people beget good people.”
– Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our ICU Registered Nurse Austin Float Pool opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.