Job Responsibilities: Senior Software Analyst (Remote)
Salary: 100000 per YEAR
Location: Remote US
GEICO Technology Solutions Data Security & Infrastructure (DSI) team is seeking a Technical Data Analyst to start an IT career at GEICO. We are looking for a Technical Data Analyst to coordinate with a variety of IT stakeholders to gather business requirements and translate high-level business requirements into detailed system requirements. In this role, you will provide data pipeline development support by integrating additional data sources identified by business users to create and implement models that derive business insights across analytics projects. In addition, you will define test plans execute tests of software products, and find solutions to issues identified during development and after solution deployments. You should be intellectually curious have a solutions-oriented attitude and enjoy learning new tools and techniques.
- 2+ years of knowledge of Data transformation Data management & ETL processes
- 2+ years of experience documenting business and system requirements process workflows and test plans
- 2+ years of experience with Relational Databases (Snowflake Hive Microsoft SQL Oracle or DB2)
- 2+ years of experience in writing queries using SQL
- 2+ years of working knowledge of Data Vault modeling Azure DevOps Hadoop Hive Microsoft Power BI and Python
- 2+ years of working knowledge of Big Data and the Azure/Snowflake ecosystem
- Strong SQL data mapping and data profiling skills
- Assists developers with complex and detailed projects including root cause analysis gap analysis etc.
- Knowledge of CARFAX TransUnion IIHS-HLDI JD Power/Autodata or LexisNexis data is a plus.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail are required
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Strong problem-solving ability critical thinking skills creative/innovative thinking
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and techniques
- Ability to thrive while working on ambiguous or challenging projects
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer or information technology or currently enrolled in a degree program
- Proficient in SQL and able to extract & validate data using SQL query
- Knowledge of DBT. schema and data testing knowledge
- Ability to work independently while supporting multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- Understanding of software development web technologies and testing approaches
- Ability to discern data inaccuracies through technical experience and knowledge.
- Develop an understanding of the business and the data needed to promote success
- Ability to query organize and interpret large amounts of data
- Research data from key business systems assess data quality and map data to requirements for analysis and reporting