Job Responsibilities : Float Pool Registered Nurse PRN
Office Address : Austin, Texas, United States
Educational requirements : No Education Requirements
Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At St. David’s South Austin Medical Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Float Pool Registered Nurse PRN to join our healthcare family.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
At St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Float Pool Registered Nurse PRN opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Float Pool Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
* You will formulate a plan of care, revise the plan based on the patient’s response to treatment and regularly evaluate plan for effectiveness
* You will consult and collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to develop, evaluate and revise the plan of care to meet the patient’s needs and goals
* You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
* You will delegate work appropriately to non-licensed staff in accordance with standards of practice
* You will provide pre- and post-operative patient care
* You will provide education materials to patients and families on care and treatments
* You will facilitate discharge plans in collaboration with the care team
What qualifications you will need:
Experience* 2 years of recent clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)Education* Associate’s degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing program* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)License and Certifications* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David’s Healthcare policy* NIHSS certification – required as per St. David’s Healthcare policy* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification – preferred
is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program – the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area’s only adult program – and Level II trauma center. The facility’s full range of includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women’s services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits – St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient’s family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual.”
– Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Float Pool Registered Nurse PRN opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.