Job Responsibilities : Facility Maintenance Supervisor – 2nd Shift
Office Address : Pontiac, Illinois, United States
Educational requirements : High School
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Facility Maintenance Supervisor – 2nd Shift
Amentum is seeking a Supervisor to join our 2nd Shift Facility Maintenance team in Pontiac, IL!
- Typical work schedule is 40 hours, 3 pm – 11 pm.; hours may vary based on business demand.
- Weekend hours may be scheduled to support our 24/7 operation.
The Facility Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for maintaining the company’s buildings, facilities and equipment in an operating and functional condition.
Duties may include any of the following: electrical repairs or installations, fleet repairs, plumbing, welding, carpentry, painting and plastering, masonry, machine servicing, and general mechanical maintenance (e.g. Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning or HVAC and sheet metal).
- Under general supervision, provides leadership, coaching, and mentoring to subordinate group.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of a group of employees.
- Influences budget, cost control, planning, scheduling, and procedural change.
- Initiates and communicates a variety of personnel actions; e.g. employment, termination, performance and salary reviews, disciplinary actions, scheduling and/or approving overtime.
- Performs repairs, modifications, and preventative maintenance on buildings and facilities, equipment, fixtures, and systems.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains facility systems.
- Performs work based on dispatched service or daily/weekly work schedules.
- Reviews work as required to document specific needs (materials, supplies, instructions, etc).
- Assists in the movement of furniture, materials, and equipment as required.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Works with or oversees subcontractor activities as directed by supervisor or work schedule.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent trade school credentials preferred
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.