Job Responsibilities : Executive Technical Support Analyst
Office Address : 1111 Franklin Street, Oakland, California, United States
Educational requirements : Bachelor Degree
For UCOP internal applicants, please login to the internal candidate gateway at:
UC OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
At the University of California (UC), your contributions make a difference. A world leader producing Nobel and Pulitzer prize recipients with over 150 years of groundbreaking research transforming the world. Choose a career where you can leverage your knowledge, skills and aspirations to inspire and support some of the greatest minds in the world, and those who will follow in their footsteps. Working at the University of California is being part of a unique institution, and a vibrant and diverse community. At the University of California, Office of the President, we propel our mission through impactful work locally, in government centers and systemwide. We are passionate people, serving the greater good.
The University of California, one of the largest and most acclaimed institutions of higher learning in the world, is dedicated to excellence in teaching, research and public service. The University of California Office of the President is the headquarters to the 10 campuses, six academic medical centers and three national laboratories and enrolls premier students from California, the nation and the world.
IT Client Services is part of the Technical Delivery Services Unit at the University of California Office of the President. ITCS supports the printers, desktop/ laptop computers, phones, and software. The Executive Technical Support Analyst will work within the Desk Side support group at ITCS. Desk Side Support maintains all desktop hardware, printers, and desktop software.
Reporting to the Desk Side Support Supervisor, the Executive Technical Support Analyst provides assistance to clients and colleagues for desktop and network support systems and security in a centralized IT environment. Incumbent must be able to provide specialized, personalized, and expedited desktop services to the highest levels of senior executives.
Assist with urgent requests from staff working on critical projects for the President.
Travel to the Office of the President to setup any requested service or resolve any issues that may arise.
Provide high-level technical support and advice to UCOP executives and other VIP users.
Train executives and VIP users on new technology and systems as needed.
Attend the Regent’s Meetings and provide technical support at the meetings. In-state travel may be required for some Regent’s meetings.
Utilize Service-Now to track all trouble calls by the executives or their administrative assistants, updating the ticket as required and escalating when necessary.
Provide regular reporting statistics on support to the executive and selected staff within the business office as well as to the management and support teams.
Handle sensitive information and data discreetly and in accordance with company policy.
Screen, troubleshoot and resolve diagnostic, setup and configuration for all desktop hardware and software using established tools and procedures as well as general knowledge from other related disciplines to reproduce and /or resolve technical issues.
Escalate unresolved issues to the next level of service as appropriate.
Setup administrative logons and email security.
Install new and upgrade existing laptops and software.
Provide advanced troubleshooting support for complex network and database connectivity issues.
Install, maintain, and troubleshoot software and provide support for smartphones.
Interface with other ITS technical groups to troubleshoot and resolve issues and support end user services.
Assist in the maintenance of standard desktop images and deployment of new applications.
Contribute to developing procedure documentation.
Provide technical assistance and support to end users via e-mail, ticketing system, or phone.
- Ability to assist (remotely) executive staff on travel and provide preparatory travel support and remote support to executive delegations while out of the office.
- Exceptional customer service skills and experience supporting executive-level users.
- Demonstrated experience working with a Helpdesk ticketing system including opening, prioritizing, and assigning tickets and escalating issues.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of operating system and software at the enterprise level: Windows 10, Windows Server, Mac OSx and Microsoft Office 365.
- Demonstrated experience in working with and resolving issues related to remote access and wireless networking devices.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of and experience in installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining an array of peripherals (printers, scanners, mobile devices, storage device, etc).
- Ability to triage and make sound judgements regarding escalation of issues as demonstrated by the willingness to regularly consult with colleagues and team members to resolve client issues quickly and efficiently.
- Excellent verbal, written and active listening skills as demonstrated by the ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality of privileged information and perform a wide range of duties that require tact, good judgement, diplomacy, organizational skills, flexibility and discretion.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills as demonstrated by a professional demeanor and the ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with supervisor and colleagues.
- Ability to prioritize and manage assignments as demonstrated by accepting and responding positively to changes in assignments and regularly meeting assigned deadlines.
- Must be able to work overtime (including nights and weekends) and be on-call for rotational on-call support.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary: $40.01 – $53.81 hourly, commensurate with education and experience.
Benefits: For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
HOW TO APPLY
Please be prepared to attach a cover letter and resume with your application.
APPLICATION REVIEW DATE
The first review date for this job is (1/3/2023). The position will be open until filled.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Background Check Process: Successful completion of a background check is required for this critical position.
Smoke Free Work Environment: The University of California, Office of the President, is smoke & tobacco-free as of January 1, 2014.
August 2021 Update: The University of California has issued a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID -19 before physically accessing the University location or programs. Upon hire into a UCOP position, you will be provided detailed instructions on how to comply with this policy including access to the COVID vaccination at no cost. New hires to UCOP who work onsite or will come onsite for any activities at a UCOP or other UC location must comply with this policy within 8 weeks after their start date. The policy allows for employees to request approval for an exception or deferral.
The University of California, Office of the President, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
The University of California, Office of the President, strives to make this job board accessible to any and all users. If you have comments regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at: or email the Human Resource Department at: .
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.