Job Responsibilities : Energy Markets Analyst
Job Location : Remote
Educational requirements : No Education Requirements
Our mission is to be the Distributed Energy Platform that fulfills the promise of the energy transition. The Voltus platform connects any distributed energy resource (DER) to any energy market across the US and Canada, providing flexibility, reliability, and resilience to the grid while generating revenue for our partners. By partnering with industry leaders and the DER ecosystem, we are building the decarbonized, distributed, decentralized, and digitized energy system of the future.
Voltus is a remote and virtual company, distributed across US, Canada, and abroad with many team members in New York, San Francisco, Boston, Toronto, Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, DC and other cities.
About the Role:
The Energy Markets Analyst role is the lifeblood of Voltus. You will make the Energy Markets team work more efficiently, gather deeper understanding of data, and provide key insights to drive decision making that will shape the future of demand-side energy management. This multifaceted position plays an integral role in helping our customers profit from their involvement in energy markets. If you are bright, gritty, good, and intellectually curious, and if your brain marries creativity and technical diligence, you’re a great fit!
Please include a brief cover letter with your materials outlining your interest in working at Voltus and how your background is relevant to this role.
- Understand the role of demand response and other distributed energy resources in energy markets
- Assist in the registration and enrollment process of demand response assets to various utility and grid operator programs
- Manage key components of energy market financial settlements
- Develop analytical tools to support the operational needs of our market activities as well as the customer-facing needs of our Sales and Marketing efforts
- Define and implement processes and procedures to support flawless execution of our day-to-day responsibilities
- Support other demand response market activities, including auction and asset optimization analyses
- Work across teams, including Sales, Finance, Product, and Operations to improve the profitability of our market-specific portfolios
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional Excel skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Uncommonly driven to succeed and maniacally self-initiated
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-throughput environment
- 1-2 years experience in the demand-side energy industry (Preferred, not required)
- Analytical and business applied Python or R-programming experience (Preferred, not required)
What We Offer:
In addition to a competitive compensation package, Voltus offers a range of benefits including: unlimited leave for full-time employees, parental leave, and a comprehensive benefits package to promote health, wellness, and financial security.
Our compensation includes base pay, bonus, and equity. The base range for this role is USD $80,000-$85,000 per year. The bonus is 10-20% of the annual base pay. There is also the opportunity to be considered for a Senior Analyst role through this listing.
At Voltus, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer because we recognize that a diverse organization begins with a diverse candidate pool. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or marital status.
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.