Job Responsibilities : Electrician
Office Address : Kekaha, Hawaii, United States
Educational requirements : No Education Requirements
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Amentum is seeking an Electrician for a position on Kauai, HI. Supporting the Public Works Department, as well as being cross-trained and cross-utilized in other departments, the candidate shall under general direction of a supervisor or lead-person, perform a variety of subprofessional duties and work-related repairs, new construction, fabrication and alteration of facilities and equipment in the electrical field at a semi-skilled level, and all other related duties as assigned by the lead or Supervisor.
- Perform corrosion control and painting of electrical structures and equipment.
- Work in and around sewage treatment and disposal areas.
- Operate light and special purpose equipment such as overhead maintenance truck, forklift and load banks.
- Assist in conducting static ground and bonding readings for special areas, such as launch pads, magazine caves, fuel farm, parking apron, hot fuel location, etc.
- Operate portable generators during special operations and electrical outages.
- Maintain the following:
- Runway systems
- Appliance, heating, and lighting.
- Electrical and associated distribution systems equipment.
- Electrical facilities fixtures and signs.Facilities utilities, fueling systems, towers, and water tanks.
- Work with other semi-skilled and skilled crafts persons.
- Responsible for care, maintenance and safeguarding of Government equipment, tools, property, and materials.
- Perform specific tasks in accordance with verbal and/or written instructions and observes safety, fire, health, and work rules.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the lead or Supervisor
- Working in inclement weather, including daily exposure to heat, sun, and glare.
- Must be available and willing to work overtime and be called out for emergency work.
- Lifting over 50 lbs. (two-men assist)
- Work positions requirements: walking or standing, crawling, kneeling, sitting, or cramped, or repeated stooping
- Pushing/pulling over 50 lbs. (two men assist)
- Customer contact, confined work area, field assignment, inclement weather
- A minimum of 3 years apprenticeship or equivalent work experience in a direct or related field.
- Able to operate light and special purpose equipment such as overhead maintenance truck, forklift, and load banks.
- Knowledgeable of the National Electric Code.
- Experience in residential, commercial, and industrial wiring practices.
- Be capable of acquiring the skill and knowledge of proper and safe use of tools and equipment associated with the trade.
- Be able to demonstrate ability to comprehend and follow instructions at a level necessary for satisfactory job performance.
- Have a good understanding of basic mathematics, able to read blueprints and schematics.
- Must be capable of acquiring the skill and knowledge of proper and safe use of tools and equipment associated with the various trade.
- Must have a valid Hawaii State Driver’s License.
- Be able to obtain a Government Driver’s License to operate utility trucks, stake trucks, aerial trucks, and forklifts up to 8 tons.
- Be able to obtain a State of Hawaii Commercial Driver’s License.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Journeyman Electricians License preferred.
Secret security clearance is required. Applicants selected must be a US Citizen in order to apply for a Secret Security Clearance. Applicants selected either must currently possess a Secret clearance or will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain clearance prior to commencement of employment and maintain a security clearance for access to classified information or Closed/Restricted Areas throughout duration of employment.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.