Job Responsibilities : Echo Technologist
Office Address : Austin, Texas, United States
Educational requirements : High School
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Echo Technologist you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s North Austin Medical Center which is part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
St. David’s North Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Echo Technologist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary of the Echo Technologist
The Cardiology Echo Technologist II under the direction of the Cardiology Supervisor is responsible for performing the daily operations for the Cardiology Echo, Stress Lab. Performs other departmental duties as assigned such as: ordering supplies/maintaining inventory, cost efficiency and providing appropriate information towards future needs of the department. Actively supports process improvement within the Cardiology Department.
Participates in providing patient specific care standards as directed and follows service excellence standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
Responsibilities of the Echo Technologist
Direct and indirect patient care, diagnostic tests that include Adult Echocardiogram, TEE’s and Pharmacologic/Exercise Cardiac Stress Testing.Maintain professional standards and seek professional growth.Provide care to patients ranging from neonatal to geriatrics.Reflect the company’s values and a commitment to the Code of Conduct.Execute SDH Service Excellence standards in every interaction.Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications of the Echo Technologist
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:Required: Required high school graduate or GED equivalent; Previous ECHO ExperiencePreferred: Pediatric Echo experienceLICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:Required: RDCS thru the American Registry for Diagnostic Sonographers or the RCS thru the Cardiovascular Credentialing International; or a minimum of 6 years Echo experience; BLS certification as per SDH policyPreferred: CMRT, CVT, Certified Radiologic Technologist, ARRT or working toward registry eligibility
is a multi-specialty hospital in Texas with
more than 360 beds. The facility is home to , featuring a Level III NICU, a Kidney Transplant Center, and the . Additional services
offered at this medical center include 24-hour emergency care, heart and vascular care, neurology and
neurosurgery, rehabilitation services, and inpatient and outpatient surgery.
St. David’s North Austin Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one
of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St.
David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two
local non-profits – St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do.”
– Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Echo Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.