Job Responsibilities : Division AVP Academic Affairs
Office Address : Tampa, Florida, United States
Educational requirements : Postgraduate Degree
Are you ready to manage in a new era as a Division AVP Academic Affairs where building a healthier tomorrow is more than a job? Our HCA Healthcare team is committed to partnership, innovation, legacy and improving more lives in more ways. Share your resume today.
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are dedicated to improving human life. Each year about five percent of all U.S. hospital services happen at an HCA Healthcare facility. Be an impact as a(an) Division AVP Academic Affairs where your passion for leading and creativity are valued? We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Provides divisional nursing leadership strategic support and partnership to promote coordinated efforts around recruitment and retention of nursing staff and strengthening of academic partnerships. Provides support for nursing excellence and evidence-based practices.
What you will do in this role:
- Design and develop a division framework and strategy to prioritize, delegate, and execute initiatives that improve division and facility alignments with local and regional nursing schools
- Develop and operationalize a systematic approach to managing critical actions and decisions across various teams to improve nursing school relations, student rotations, and nursing student recruitment and retention
- Utilize and leverage data systems and tools, in order to examine, validate, and drive performance
- Shape corporate strategy by providing data-driven feedback on needed interventions or workshops
- To promote the professional development of nursing staff
- To Enhance Nursing Engagement and Retention
What qualifications you will need:
- Registered Nurse – Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation.
- Experience with new graduate nursing residency programs and/or nursing school faculty preferred
- Master’s Degree required
- 5+ years of experience in Healthcare/Management preferred
- 3+ years of experience in relevant program management and project management experience focused on clinical operations and/or education preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA West Florida is a network of hospitals, surgery centers, physician practices, medical education and training programs. We have a complete continuum of specialized health services that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses. In 2020, HCA West Florida had more than 1.5 million patient encounters. We provided an economic impact of more than $2.4 billion. With its founding in 1968, HCA Healthcare created a new model for healthcare in the United States. HCA Healthcare has used combined resources to enhance hospitals, deliver patient-focused care and improve the practice of medicine.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow.”
– Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If this is the kind of dynamic growth opportunity that compels you, apply for the Division AVP Academic Affairs role. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This position is incentive eligible.
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.