Job Responsibilities : CATERING MANAGER
Office Address : Los Angeles, California, United States
Educational requirements : No Education Requirements
Salary: $80000-$100000 / year
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
As a Catering Manager, you will be responsible for managing the Catering Department in all duties including training new associates, overseeing event set-ups, and directing any temporary personnel in addition to their everyday assignments. You will ensure proper service to clients during events, including proper set-up, cleaning, and breakdown procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises all catering events.
- Involved in catering events operations, including logistics, quality improvement, sanitation, and all facility-related activities.
- Works with the Chef in creating menus.
- Trains catering associates in service techniques, menu presentation, and customer service.
- Tracks and monitors the labor and food cost for each event.
- Communicates on various levels to include management, client, customer and associate levels; maintains excellent client relationships.
- Assists in the responsibility for all foodservice-related activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of food service experience including 1 year at the management level.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Catering experience is required.
- Some knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation.
- Financial, budgetary, accounting and computational skills.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
- ServSafe Certification.
Apply to Compass Group today!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
JEANNE M LANE
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.