Job Responsibilities : Behavioral Health Emergency Clinician PRN
Office Address : Aurora, Colorado, United States
Educational requirements : Postgraduate Degree
Hourly Wage Estimate: $30.31 – $45.48 / hour
Learn more about the for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a Behavioral Health Emergency Clinician PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join The Medical Center of Aurora which is part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
The Medical Center of Aurora, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Behavioral Health Emergency Clinician PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking an Emergency Clinician for our Access Response Center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into the industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
As an Emergency Clinician, you will coordinate the pre-admission assessment process and provide clinical assessment for potential patients. You will work collaboratively with other Access Response Center team members to provide level of care assessments, expedite admissions and coordinate resources and information for the facility.
What you will do:
- You will respond to all calls for psychiatry services and prioritize calls based on the level of need for your patient
- Identify the needs of the caller and patient within 15 minutes and initiate the request for an assessment immediately and no later than 60 minutes from initial request
- You will work with other team members of the Access Response Center (ARC) and coordinate activities to assure accurate record keeping and efficient patient flow
- For patients who are discharged, you will provide at least three appropriate in-network options and develop a discharge safety plan with the patient by using the approved discharge safety form
- Ensure EMTALA compliance at all times and report any concerns to the Access Response Director
What qualifications you will need:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field; or higher education degree in Nursing, Bachelor’s or Master’s preferred
- Prefer 1-3 years’ experience in a behavioral healthcare setting performing clinical assessments or in a clinical treatment setting for non-nurses
- RN’s require 3-5 years’ experience in an inpatient setting and prefer a demonstrated ability to complete crisis assessment
- Licensed to perform clinical assessments to determine level of care needs and to diagnose according to the current version of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual is required.
- Must hold and maintain current licensure as a mental health professional, such as Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) or RN license (RN requires at least 3 years in an applicable mental health environment with demonstrated ability and competency to complete crisis assessments)
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
is a 346 plus bed acute care hospital located in Aurora, Colorado. The Medical Center of Aurora is comprised of six medical campuses in Aurora and Centennial, Colorado, including the Main Campus, the North Campus , , , , Spalding Rehabilitation at P/SL, and medical office building at Green Valley Ranch. The Main Campus facility is a Level II Trauma Center with Primary Stroke Certification and Chest Pain Center accreditation, serving the eastern metro area and I-70 corridor. The South Campus includes a Level III NICU. The Medical Center of Aurora consistently receives ‘A’ grades from The Leapfrog Group and is recognized as the a top five hospital in the Denver metro area and the #4 hospital in Colorado by U.S. News & World Report year after year.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do.”
– Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Behavioral Health Emergency Clinician PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.