Job Responsibilities : Annual Giving Philanthropy Specialist
Office Address : 110 Free Street, Portland, Maine, United States
Educational requirements : No Education Requirements
Maine Medical Center has created a new opportunity within their Philanthropy division to assist with efforts to manage events, engage with volunteers, cultivate and maintain donor relationships, as well as manage other projects.
This role is based in Portland, Mainewith the need to travel and work at Southern Maine Health Care in Biddeford, Maine.
Reporting to the Annual Giving Manager, the Annual Giving Philanthropy Specialist supports the development and success of annual philanthropic relationships and programs within our Southern Maine communities. The Specialist will join a fast-paced and enthusiastic philanthropy team and perform a combination of event execution, direct solicitation, communications, and limited administrative functions. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: fostering new and existing donor, sponsor, and vendor relationships with the goal of increasing annual donations for Southern Maine Health Care; recruiting and managing a group of dedicated and engaged volunteers and committees for SMHC events; creating and editing promotional materials and producing high-quality written content; and developing new SMHC business relationships and event sponsors.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Four-year college degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- License/Certification: N/A
- Experience: See “Education.” 2-4 years previous philanthropy experience preferred. This includes planning events, direct solicitations as well as volunteer coordination and donor relations, plus a minimum of one year working fundraising events.
- Work requires knowledge of office and project management, including the ability to work independently as well as part of a team, flexibility, and the ability to multitask.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in the performance of duties.
- Ability to meet financial and other stretch goals.
- Excellent oral communication skills, including the ability to present to large, diverse groups clearly and effectively.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong administrative skills, including comprehensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite. Experience with InDesign and Raiser’s Edge a significant plus.
- An understanding of volunteer/donor stewardship and the ability to communicate effectively in order to build positive relationships and establish trust and loyalty with volunteers, donors, hospital staff, and other employees.
- Flexibility to work early mornings, evenings, and weekends as required for meetings and special events.
Maine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 700-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine’s largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland.
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.