Job Responsibilities : Academic Advisor II
Office Address : Richardson, Texas, United States
Educational requirements : Postgraduate Degree
|Position Title||Academic Advisor II|
|Department||ECS Student Services|
|Salary Range||Commensurate with experience|
|Position Status||Regular full-time|
|Position End Date (if temporary)|
|Posting Open Date||12/11/2022|
|Posting Close Date|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Desired Start Date|
Develop an academic advising program or unit within a university college and create or promote new initiatives in academic advising.
|Minimum Education and Experience||
– Bachelor’s degree and Four (4) years academic advising, counseling, higher education, social work, human services with students, young adults or adolescents, or related experience.
or Master’s degree and 2 years of related work experience
|Preferred Education and Experience||
Bachelor’s degree and four years academic advising, counseling, higher education, social work, human services with students, young adults or adolescents, or related experience as determined by the Directors of Advising Committee.
ECS Preferred Requirements include Master in Higher Education + 3 years experience in Academic environment or Doctorate_up to two years with experience in Academic environment.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities||
* Cooperates and demonstrates the ability to work effectively and collaborate with administrators, faculty and staff in various campus offices as well as a diverse student population in providing for academic advising needs of individuals or groups of students.
* Demonstrate ability to work as a team member
* Knowledge and understanding of university policies and procedures, academic requirements, and campus resources.
* Advise students about the development of educational plan options, university policies and resources available.
* Ability to use multiple computer systems including PeopleSoft, OnBase, StudentBook as well as Microsoft Office.
* Ability to identify student’s needs in order to make appropriate referrals; maintain confidentiality of student records.
* Analyze student records in preparation for appointments or walk-ins; respond to student emails in a timely manner.
* Responsible for understanding and interpreting the requirements and academic options in a specific area and in other campus departments to facilitate the student’s pursuit of fields of interest.
* Possess strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills as well as strong organizational and management skills.
* Attend training sessions or professional development workshops and disseminate information to staff as well as participating in student success initiatives.
* Teach two classes of ECS1100 each Fall semester.
Minimum Responsibilities include: Advise students about the development of educational plan options & resources available; work closely with other advisors, faculty & staff to provide timely information on course/degree options & University policies; make appropriate referrals; instruct two freshman year experience courses (
ECS 1100) each fall semester; plan, develop & implement programs for students within the school; audit degree plans; perform related duties as required including recruitment & persistence efforts.
Remote Work Notice:
What You Should Know
The University of Texas at Dallas is committed to providing an educational, living and working environment that is welcoming, respectful and inclusive of all members of the university community. The University prohibits unlawful discrimination against a person because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. Visit https://institutional-initiatives.utdallas.edu/ for more information.
|Special Instructions Summary||
Explore new models for effective delivery of advising; coordinate advising efforts within the school including the recruitment of new students from freshman to transfer students. Erik Jonsson School of Engineering & Computer Science serves 6,000+ students in 6 specific engineering degree programs.
1) All employees serve as a representative of the University and are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy, consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.
2) The University of Texas at Dallas is committed to providing an educational, living, and working environment that is welcoming, respectful, and inclusive of all members of the university community. UT Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its services, programs, activities, employment, and education, including in admission and enrollment.
RKMS Jobs is a space where professionals can connect with each other, find job opportunities and build their careers.